How to Change your Name in CBSE Mark sheet or Certificate

हिंदी में पढ़ें
October 31, 2018
By Advocate Chikirsha Mohanty

Changes in your Name: If you want to make changes in your Name or Surname in any of your Certificate or Mark sheet in your 10th or 12th Mark sheet or any other Certificate, you can apply for Change in your Name.

Corrections in your Name:  If you think there has been a spelling or typing mistake in your Name in any of your Certificate or Mark sheet in your 10th or 12th Mark sheet or any other Certificate, you can apply for Correction in your Name.

Procedure for applying for Change in Name/Correction in Name

Step 1: Downloading & Printing the Application form given below and Take a printout of the Application form.

Step 2: Read the instructions given at the bottom of the Application Form and fill up the form carefully.

Step 3: Documents Required for making Corrections or Changes in your NameAdmission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission.

  • The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.

  • Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.

  • The Board may affect necessary corrections after verification of the Original records of the school and on payment of the prescribed fee. 

Step 4: Fee to be paid for the concerned Documents

  • Fee for Name Correction in Mark sheet/Certificate – Rs.500 (Fee of Mark sheet/Certificate Included)

  • Fee for Change in Candidate’s Mother’s Name/Father’s Name/Guardian’s Name – Rs.1000 + Actual Cost of the Document

  • Cost of a Migration Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Mark sheet or Statement of Marks – Rs.100


Documents Required for making Change in your Name

Applications regarding change in name/surname will be considered where such changes have been permitted by a Court of Law and notified in a Government Gazette. In the event of Court of Judicature allowing the change of name of a candidate, the same shall be carried out by the Board after obtaining relevant documents concerning change of name published in an official gazette.


These guides are not legal advice, nor a substitute for a lawyer
These articles are provided freely as general guides. While we do our best to make sure these guides are helpful, we do not give any guarantee that they are accurate or appropriate to your situation, or take any responsibility for any loss their use might cause you. Do not rely on information provided here without seeking experienced legal advice first. If in doubt, please always consult a lawyer.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Related Articles

Get free legal advice from top Documentation lawyers for your specific issue

Documentation Law Articles

All you need to know about applying for a Duplicate PAN Card Online

Everything about Execution of Power of Attorney

Here is what you should do if you have lost your Aadhaar Card or haven't received it yet

81 lakh Aadhaar Cards deactivated: Check here if your Aadhaar is one of them

User Reviews

4.7 - 17 reviews

October 31, 2018 How to Change your Name in CBSE Mark sheet or Certificate

how to contact a lawyer from your website

Rishabh on Mar 08, 2019

loved the way concept is explained. Nicely written for any layman to understand.

Nilesh on Apr 15, 2019

very nice article

Kunal on Mar 26, 2019

thanks for the legal advice

Shilpa on Apr 13, 2019

good article. Please provide more info

Riya on Apr 06, 2019

thanks for the information

Monica on Mar 12, 2019

Good work with the article. Solved all my legal queries. Regards.

Nandini on Apr 06, 2019

Helped a lot in understanding the law.

Shiv on Apr 02, 2019

very good article. Good writing

Rishi on Mar 20, 2019

good article. Can you share more detail

Babu on Apr 12, 2019

nice work with the article.

Nandini on Apr 11, 2019

its very helpful on the subject

Shraddha on Mar 08, 2019

Very helpful for my legal case.

Ravinder on Mar 31, 2019


Swathi on Mar 27, 2019

how to contact a lawyer for my legal case?

Karthik on Mar 11, 2019

nice article

Shiva on Mar 30, 2019

needed some more information on the subject.

Shashank on Apr 09, 2019