Procedure to change name in 10th class certificate

If you are from CBSE Board then as per Rule 69.1 of the Examination Byelaws, Change in name of candidate/ father/mother/guardian once entered in the Board’s record at any stage while studying in Class IX, X, XI, XII or thereafter within a period of ten years from the date of issue of first such document shall be considered on written request of the Candidate/ father/ mother/guardian duly forwarded by the Head of the institution supported by the following documents:

i. Original copy of two newspapers (daily English/ Hindi and in daily vernacular language circulated in the locality), in which the desired changes has been published
ii. Original Affidavit duly sworn before the Judicial Magistrate, First Class / Metropolitan Magistrate/ Executive magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate
iii. Original copy of Publication in Govt Gazette
iv. Payment of prescribed fees
v. True copy of admission form filled in by the parents duly updated as per Gazette Notification of desired change and duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution
vi. True Copy of the School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parent/ candidate at the time of admission and as per Gazette Notification of desired change and duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution
vii. True copy of the page of the admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate showing updation as per Gazette Notification of desired change, duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution.

Correction in name to the extent of correction in spelling errors, factual typographical errors in the Candidate’s name / Surname, Father’s name / Mother’s name or Guardian’s name to make it consistent with what is given in the school record or list of candidates (LOC) submitted by the school may be made.
Application for correction in name of Candidate/Father’s/Mother’s/ Guardian’s name will be considered only within ten year of the date of declaration of result provided the application of the candidate is forwarded by the Head of Institution with the following attested documents:

A. True Copy of Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution

B. True Copy of the School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution.

C. True copy of the portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate, duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution.

Applications regarding changes in name or surname of candidates may be considered, provided the changes have been admitted by the Court of law and notified in the Government Gazette before the publication of the result of the candidate.

Publication of your name change in any nationalised news paper then gazatte in govt paper after gazatt you reveived a certificate this certificate along with publication paper copy filled in C.B.S.E OFFICE