Procedure to change name in 10 th certificate P.S.E.B

In Documentation Law
Want to change name in the 10th Certificate 

Answers (1)

105 votes

Changes in your Name: If you want to make changes in your Name or Surname in any of your Certificate or Mark sheet in your 10th or 12th Mark sheet or any other Certificate, you can apply for Change in your Name.

Corrections in your Name: If you think there has been a spelling or typing mistake in your Name in any of your Certificate or Mark sheet in your 10th or 12th Mark sheet or any other Certificate, you can apply for Correction in your Name.

Procedure for applying for Change in Name/Correction in Name
Step 1: Downloading & Printing the Application form given below and Take a printout of the Application form.

Step 2: Read the instructions given at the bottom of the Application Form and fill up the form carefully.

Step 3: Documents Required for making Corrections or Changes in your Name
• Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission.
• The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.
• Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.
• The Board may affect necessary corrections after verification of the Original records of the school and on payment of the prescribed fee.

Step 4: Fee to be paid for the concerned Documents
• Fee for Name Correction in Mark sheet/Certificate – Rs.500 (Fee of Mark sheet/Certificate Included)
• Fee for Change in Candidate’s Mother’s Name/Father’s Name/Guardian’s Name – Rs.1000 + Actual Cost of the Document
• Cost of a Migration Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Mark sheet or Statement of Marks – Rs.100

Documents Required for making Change in your Name
Applications regarding change in name/surname will be considered where such changes have been permitted by a Court of Law and notified in a Government Gazette. In the event of Court of Judicature allowing the change of name of a candidate, the same shall be carried out by the Board after obtaining relevant documents concerning change of name published in an official gazette.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience
Advocate Atulay Nehra
Sector 137, Noida
11 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles