How to change the permanent address in sons birth certificate

In Documentation Law
Hi! My son is 4 months old and his birth certificate has the permanent address mentioned same as temporary address. Certificate is isused by bangalore mahanagara palike. Our permanent address is kerala address. To change the address on the BC is a long and tedious process. bBmp says the BC has the correct date of birth name and place of birth so it will not be a pblm. Will my son face issues in getting his passport ot any other future pblms Pls advise

Answers (3)

258 votes

Yes, the authorities are correct. The relevance of birth certificate is primarily to the date of birth. Anyhow, you can get the permanent address incorporated. There could be some time and procedure involved. But the child is only four months old.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

242 votes

Please file an application before the concerned authority to appropriate corrections . If the authority is not ready to accept the application , then file writ petition before the High court. The court will issue a direction to the authority to change the address.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
62 votes


The address can be changed. But it should be done at the earliest. Its earlier the better n easier. N i think there is a statutory bar if its unchanged after 3 years after enrolment. I will revert u after verifying. Do consult the secretary of birth n death in ur local LSG at the earliest

Hope am upto ur query

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles