How to obtain legal heir certificate

Please advice me , what are the procedure to obtain Legal Heir Certificate ,what are the documents required, how much money required & how many days required

You will have to apply for the legal heir certificate to the Tahasildar of your Taluka along with death certificate of the person and an affidavit.
In the affidavit you will have to show the legal heirs of the deceased.

If the head or a member of the family expires, the next direct legal heir of the deceased such as the wife or husband or son or daughter or mother may apply for legal-heirship certificate \ Succession Certificate on application for the purpose of transferring Electricity connection, House Tax, Telephone connection/patta transfer, Bank Account, etc. If the person who died is a Government servant, legal heir certificate is issued for sanction of family pension, and for getting appointment on compassionate grounds. Legal Heir is also provided for various other reasons as-well.

Eligibility : Wife or Husband or Son or Daughter or Mother may apply for legal heir-ship certificate .

Instructions : A legal heir certificate is issued by the government for those individuals whose parent/husband is dead without leaving a will. To establish relationship for claims relating to Insurance, pension, retirement benefits or service benefits of central and state government departments, Government undertakings etc.In legal succession cases to get succession certificate to establish the relationship.To get employments for example compassionate appointments. Approach the District Thasildar office with the death certificate and produce the form. All required documents to be submit while lodging the application. It will take around a month to process all the necessary information and receive the certificate.

Required Information : Deceased name, Family member Names and Relationship, Applicant Signature, Date of Application, Residential Address.

Required Documents : Death certificate, Identity Card or Ration card and Prescribed application form.

Procedure : You can obtain a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through your Taluk / Thasildhar or through the District Civil Court of your area. The best approach would be to get in touch with the Taluk / Thasildhar office of your area they should be able to provide you with the certificate or in some cases you might be asked to contact a lawyer in District Civil Court to get it done. Based on the report of the Village Administrative Officer and Revenue Inspector and after due enquiry, this certificate is issued by the Concerned Authority mentioning the names of all legal heirs of the deceased.

LH House, Bangalore