Documents required to renew OBC certificate

In Documentation Law
Obc nc certificate was issued to me in 2006, now for renewal do i need to show income of my both parents? My parents are not divorced but living separately since 2008, maintainance of 20000 is paid monthly as by district courts decision. Also my father is a retired gazetted office with 45000 as pension. Am i still eligible for Nc OBC?

Answers (2)

367 votes

Documents required for renewal/application of OBC Certificate are as follows:

  1. Complete Application form.

  2. AADHAAR No. is not compulsory, however, if AADHAAR No. is not available, provide any one of the identity proofs such as PAN card/ PASSPORT/ Driving Licence/ Voter ID Card.

  3. Self-declaration in prescribed Performa (Self-declaration from a major if the children are below 18 years of age).

  4. Supporting document for the present residential proof like Voter ID Card, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Telephone Bill, etc.

  5. A copy of OBC certificate of father, brother, sister or any blood relative from the paternal side, if available.

  6. Two attestations by MP/MLA/Councillor/Gazetted Officers, declaring the caste of the applicant.

  7. Family income proof (ITR/Salary Slip/Form-16 etc.)

A person requesting the renewal of their OBC Certificate shall not be charged with any fees.

255 votes

For renewal you should go to a stamp wender in your district or tehsil court along with your old obc certificate. He should give you all the documents needed and after that you should go to your concern tehsil office. The tehsildar should issue your renewed obc certificate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles