×

quesWhat is the procedure to change name in birth certificate?

What is the procedure to change my son's name in the birth certificate as i am having difficulty in getting his passport?

If your child is less than one year old, then go to the birth registration office where you applied. If your child is more than one year old, then all records are moved to the main office of the MCD.Get the application form which is the same as a fresh application, and submit it with the following documents:

Hospital letter
    Other ID proofs
    School certificate photocopies should have the same name as in the  id proof

Affidavit stating that the name is incorrect and you seek to change or make a correction in the  existing birth certificate.

After submitting the document, they may give you a date to go and collect the birth certificate.

• ansIf your child is less than one year old, then go to the birth registration office where you applied. If your child is more than one year old, then all records are moved to the main office of the MCD.Get the application form which is the same as a fresh application, and submit it with the following documents:
    Hospital letter
    Your photocopies/ ID proofs
    Your school certificate photocopies should have the same name as in the id proof
    Affidavit stating that the name is incorrect and you seek to change or make a correction in the existing birth certificate.
    After submitting the document, they may give you a date to go and collect the birth certificate

• Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate

Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services