Procedure to apply for Gap Certificate

23-Jan-2017 (In Documentation Law)
I have completed my 12th HSC in 2009. I took admission in a degree college but left the institute in 2015 due to failure. I want to join a new college now, I will need a gap certificate please tell me the procedure.

Answers (1)

Answer #1
781 votes
GAP Certificate is nothing but your declaration given on Rs.100/- non-judicial stamp paper stating the reason for gap in between education.

For example: If one has taken one year break for his entrance preparation after his class 12 then he has to give a declaration/Affidavit on Rs.100/- non-judicial stamp paper stating the same reason. One has to approach an advocate/Notary for its preparation. In case if your lawyer asks supporting documents against your claim then you might have to submit evidences like you fees receipt of your coaching center, attendance report and others to your lawyer/Notary for your gap affidavit/certificate preparation.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."