Clarification on grounds for divorce

I am a hindu 3 year married man wants divorce from my wife. Intially she was very dominating. I was depressed and get involved with a girl. I want to take divorce from my wife and marry this girl. I told my wife about it but she is not giving divorce. What I can do to rake divorce from her. Please guide me.

Answers (5)

126 votes

For taking divorce from your wife, you need to file a divorce petition before family court. The second and easy option is that you file mutual divorce with consent of your wife. As in your case she is not ready to give you divorce, then you need to contest for divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

321 votes

You can file a divorce petition under Hindu marriage act and state the reasons that you have been subjected to cruelty by your wife. You have been tortured and now you don’t wish to continue. Please feel free to contact me for further assistance

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
304 votes

Your divorce is possible, you need to file a divorce petition under hindu marriage act in the concerned district/family court.
If you wish to be divorced mutually then you have to do councelling with your wife and if she don't agree then you need to hire an advocate for the counselling and also to get your matter filed and to be done in the court.

189 votes

Since the grounds for divorce are not clear.... you can meet me at my chamber.. for the same
There are provisions in hindu marriage act for Husband also ....
You can call me or meet me at my chamber in tis hazari court

176 votes

Just file a contested divorce cas before the concen court and obtained the relief from the court thisbsj the only remedy in your case pls knowledge the advice. Any further clarification please feel free to contact me

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles