I got show cause notice from passport office, please advise what to do

I have got a show cause notice from passport office claiming that I suppressed material information in my application. The notice says that I need to submit documents but does not details which one. I had got adverse police verification report. How should I respond to the notice? The notice does not ask me to come personally to passport office they just have asked me to give suitable explanation.

Answers (5)

Don't worry about it.
Firstly you should reply tot he said notice by explaining the situation in a apologist manner. Secondly, you should demand the copy/ list of the concern information. Remember to visit concerned RPO if an adverse report is already filed and get it closed permanently. Upon your request and a max penalty of rs 5000/- you can get it closed and apply again for fresh.

Always try to explain everything in detail, this gonna help you reducing penalty or put you under exceptional categories or you may not have to pay even a single coin.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Send a reply to ask for the details of the documents and the adverseability of the police report on which grounds you don't mention in your query ??? U can also take the help of writ petition for regarding passport .

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience

As your good gesture, you should have to submit reply alongwith comeplet deatils of your address and id proof and whatever such details which pertinent to your's as the such notice,

Provide show cause notice and complete details of the application form (which you have to submit), so that i can help....

You have to ask them if not stated already in the notice that what kind of knowledge is apprehended by them to be suppressed by you and then when you get a response thereto you could proceed forward with showing cause.

You can visit the regional passport office and take the notice along with you

There the regional passport officer can give you clarification on what exactly is needed to further process your application, please carry all relevant documents that you first attached in your passport application

Also there may be a small fine imposed on you for providing false information

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Greeting of the day Ive been smashed by rickshaw on 1st jan 2017 and today 27th jan 2017 have lodge an F.I.R on 1st itself so the person been accused …

Read More

Myself and my husband bought property in my name I contributed 20% of down payment, registeration charges and renovation work He contributed remaining…

Read More

I am Basudev, and my girl friend and her family cheated me. They have bankrupted me and now their family has fixed marriage with another boy. Tell me …

Read More

Can a goverment employee uplod video on youtube and make money from it..as youtube gives money on the ads plays on your video..so is it legal to earn …

Read More