I got show cause notice from passport office, please advise what to do

I have got a show cause notice from passport office claiming that I suppressed material information in my application. The notice says that I need to submit documents but does not details which one. I had got adverse police verification report. How should I respond to the notice? The notice does not ask me to come personally to passport office they just have asked me to give suitable explanation.

Don't worry about it.
Firstly you should reply tot he said notice by explaining the situation in a apologist manner. Secondly, you should demand the copy/ list of the concern information. Remember to visit concerned RPO if an adverse report is already filed and get it closed permanently. Upon your request and a max penalty of rs 5000/- you can get it closed and apply again for fresh.

Always try to explain everything in detail, this gonna help you reducing penalty or put you under exceptional categories or you may not have to pay even a single coin.

Send a reply to ask for the details of the documents and the adverseability of the police report on which grounds you don't mention in your query ??? U can also take the help of writ petition for regarding passport .

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow

As your good gesture, you should have to submit reply alongwith comeplet deatils of your address and id proof and whatever such details which pertinent to your's as the such notice,

Provide show cause notice and complete details of the application form (which you have to submit), so that i can help....

You have to ask them if not stated already in the notice that what kind of knowledge is apprehended by them to be suppressed by you and then when you get a response thereto you could proceed forward with showing cause.

You can visit the regional passport office and take the notice along with you

There the regional passport officer can give you clarification on what exactly is needed to further process your application, please carry all relevant documents that you first attached in your passport application

Also there may be a small fine imposed on you for providing false information