Police Clearance Certificate for passport if criminal case pending

In Civil Law
I am from Mumbai, but living in Qatar. Last year my husband went India to settle the property disputes with his cousins in Nagpur. During the final settlement discussion, some heated argument arises and it ended with mild violence. Next day police arrested my husband Magistrate denied bail and send him to jail. But next day he got the bail. He is an accused in a criminal case. Trial started and charges are framed. I am sure this trial will take at least 3-4 years. I am still in Qatar working and living with our children's. Now my husband's residency visa got expired and now he has to apply fresh for his residency visa. For residency visa he needs a Police Clearance Certificate which is issued from Passort Seva Kendra. 1. Can he get a Police Clearance Certificate when he is a accused in a criminal case and trial is going on? 2. Can he travel abroad during this trial period on visitor visa? 3. Can he apply for renewal of his passport if it is going to expire soon?

Answers (3)

53 votes
Dear Madam,

In your case when criminal trial going on same time during the trial your husband can file application in court for permission of travel abroad & grant of police clearance certificate, if court approve you application then same direct to police station for issue clearance certificate.

For details:- Contact me

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


259 votes
yes police has not clearance certificate because found criminal case is pending before Hon'ble court.

1st apply passport renewal
2nd procedure going on
3rd verification
in case mistake they r not found in any criminal cases then passport is ready to travel.

u tell ur husband to settle the matter amicably and hostile the witnesses
then ur husband is acquittal within 3-4 dates .

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience

200 votes
Yes you can get it from the police provided you have provided all the required document as per requirement of the authority.
No he can not travel abroad on his visitors visa to abroad.
Yes he can apply .

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."