What to do if NRI husband is not responding to emails and calls

I married a person who lives in Canada. He left me in India without deciding the fate of relationship and always convinced me to move to dubai. In 4 years of marriage we stayed with each other only 6-7 months that too in broken period. After I got to know that he has come to India ,I filed case in women cell . He came for two hearings and left India. Before leaving he made RD of matrimonial house by relinquishing his rights in favour of my sister in law. My husband has avoided all summons of DV case and email communication sent by women cell . FIR has been filed against him . I am yet to get interim relief from court. My question is 1 . Can I write to registrar under RTI to alert them about pendency of legal matter and put stay on property.If yes then how ? Should I wait for court order or file civil suit or criminal suit as FIr is already filed to protect my share in property and settlement .

Answers (5)

230 votes

File a writ petition in before high court of your jurisdiction make revenue department as party praying for directing the respondents to protect your rights. Before that u firstly make a representation to them along with all facts.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

240 votes

you may choose to initiate a civil litigation regarding malafide transfer of the property by your husband. As FIR is already lodged, the police will act as per law. You can seek alternative dispute redressal as well.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
53 votes

Please also file a complain in Canada high commission also and requested to HC to help me to execute summon in Canada. please brief me the status the cases u file in the LD court. IS DV case your husband is party or ur mother in law & sister -in -law are also a party?
regards .sharma
adv pradeep

101 votes

Once FIR is registered, summons and warrants can be executed through Foreign embassy. For protection of your financial and property stakes, you can file civil suits and get summons issued to the Registrar of your area.

112 votes

You should file injunction and bring all the documents with regard to property. Than get stay for alienation of property. Otherwise he will dispose of all property and you will get nothing. To secure your right immediate get stay for sale of property.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles