What to do if husband has abandoned wife

30-Mar-2023 (In Family Law)
When a married husband abundents his married wife, goes with out reaveling present address,what the wife will do? We are Hindu Brahmin. This is my daughters case. Pl advise.
Answers (4)

Answer #1
962 votes
First of all u find out where about and address of the husband.several remedies r there to take action against absconded husband.U can file maintainance.u can file case under domestic violence act.....

Answer #2
813 votes
This is not the right way to get advice, if you want a detail idea or consultancy then contact the service provider and book appointment through them then consult, it's my opinion take it seriously and contact as early as possible.
Answer #3
707 votes
Dear client,
You didn't mention your religion. your daughter can file a complaint before your nearest police station and she can also complain before State commission for women regarding her problem. If you are Hindu then
your daughter can also file restitution of conjugal life under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage act before family court . So it's better you can take the help of an advocate. You can take appropriate action against your son in law in his permanent address also.
Answer #4
502 votes
You are advice to file case under the provisions of the protection of women from domestic violence Act . For any wrong full act of husband or his family members you can protect yourself under the said Act

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."