What is the procedure and grounds for filing defamation case

An neighbour has submit an application for impose 144 cr PC. In his application, he has said me land mafia, not a law abiding citizen, greedy etc (all false). Can I file defamation case to prove his charge made against me. If yes, what is procedure ?

There is two mode for filling defamation case(1)to file petition before local Police for fIR(2)civil suit for which notice is required before filling plaint,and court fee is payable as per quantum of damage caused by such defamation

Dear sir,

Best of my knowledge firstly you should go with the case which is the imposed by your neighbour. If it is proved that your neighbour falsely imposed you have a strong ground for file a defamation case. on oher hand defamation is defined as the writing, publication and speaking of a false statement which causes injury to reputation and good name for private interest. Defamation can be viewed criminal as well as civil offence. under Sec- 499 & 500 of Indian Panel Code victim can be filed a criminal case for defamation against the accused. Punishment for the guilty person is simple imprisonment which may extend for 2 years or fine or both. for civil suit you can move High court or subordinate court under Law of tort for damages in the form of monetary compensation.

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow

Dear Client,
you can file a defamation case in the respective District Court. For that, you have to file a draft complaint petitition stating your circumstances and annexing all your supporting documents.