Remedy if court says that document old than 15 years are destroyed

We have received a permanent stay order from Tis Hazari in the year 2000. Now there is contempt of court happen by the offenders and we have filed the case citing the order passed by the court and court asked the registry to fetch the file. But it is told by the registry that records has been destroyed.

Answers (2)

Do have any copy of that order or details. You need to find your goswara no and check in the record room. Of don’t get their then approach to the District judge by filling an application in his court. After all this you can still file a contempt case along with a application under 151 CPC for exemptions.
Further details and guidance on assistance

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If you have a certified copy of that order and you have produced before court and court staff is unable to fetch the same is not your fault and court is competent to take that as secondary evidence if any contrary to that not proved by other party.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate Madhuri Bakshi
Sector 16, Faridabad
4 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Please clarify if lower court has issued stay order/status to me maintain and I get orders from dc under senior citizen law to evict the person from m…

Read More

I live in a cooperative building in Kolkata. The residents of this cooperative have opted to install a mobile tower in the building by majority vote. …

Read More

i have 2000 sq plot on my name i have constructed my place with cement sheet shade now i got a notice to remove it from municipal what will be the cos…

Read More

How could I get the Stay Order from Dwarka Court, for an illegal unauthorised construction in my neighbouring plot. The area is of Raj Nagar-2, Palam …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue