×

Remedy if court says that document old than 15 years are destroyed

We have received a permanent stay order from Tis Hazari in the year 2000. Now there is contempt of court happen by the offenders and we have filed the case citing the order passed by the court and court asked the registry to fetch the file. But it is told by the registry that records has been destroyed.

Do have any copy of that order or details. You need to find your goswara no and check in the record room. Of don’t get their then approach to the District judge by filling an application in his court. After all this you can still file a contempt case along with a application under 151 CPC for exemptions.
Further details and guidance on assistance

If you have a certified copy of that order and you have produced before court and court staff is unable to fetch the same is not your fault and court is competent to take that as secondary evidence if any contrary to that not proved by other party.

Advocate Preeti Joshi
Shaniwar Peth, Pune