Can I drive a vehicle to another state without having NOC

Hi , I have bought a vehicle in Mumbai and still waiting for NOC. This might take some time. Pls suggest if i can drive the vehicle to Jharkhand without NOC with an agreement. Also what is the process and cost to get it re-registered in Jharkhand , Regards

Answers (3)

274 votes

Venerated Sir,
I would like to inform you that this is not a legal question it is just a clerical question which has to be replied by Munshi or other agent. You should direct call to registration department for all process of registration. Feel free to call for more legal information. Give feedback.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

255 votes

Yes, you can drive for six months and you know you can manage it, bedside you have receipts for Nov application.
You always keep your receipt and all the documents with you all the time with helmet and get a slip of any toll booth of recent, which can help you in some way.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience
124 votes

Well, you can drive the vehicle to jharkhand without NOC but you can't claim yourself as an owner.Also without NOC from concerned DTO you cannot re-registered the vehicle in Jharkhand.Regarding this purpose you may visit the official website of concerned DTO, because entire process is ONLINE now a days.
Aditya kumar

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am a Central Govt. Employee under Ministry of Defence. My Director General has constituted a Board of Enquiry in which I am a witness. The BoI is co…

Read More

I and my wife staying together in mumbai flat owned by me, can I sell the home without informing her ?? will there be any dispute or cheating case on …

Read More

Hi Team I got register marriage done it's been almost more than 1and half year since register wedding the wedding happened without ceremony. No…

Read More

Hi We have a property in L a residential one. We need to convert to commercial. what is the process and what is the difference in property tax ?…

Read More