×

quesCan i drive other state registered vehicle in Chennai?

Can i use my other state registered car in Chennai / Tamilnadu? If i get pulled off, what is the fine amount, i need to pay to government. Also, please let me know complete information on this subject please. Thanks..

Yes you are allowed to drive your car registered in one city in any other city. There is no fine amount as such as long as you haven’t moved to Chennai permanently.

Then you are required to apply for the registration to be changed at the concerned RTO in Chennai. At the very least apply for a NOC from your home RTO which will cost you nothing.

• Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate

Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services