What to do if I get orders of demolishing my property from government

17-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
I have submitted the RTI in land and development office Delhi for allowing me to construct fences on my roof. Their was a surveyor appointed and visited to my location and he was very rude and starting questioning me and take the measurement of my building. After a week I got a reply to my RTI where their didn't answer anything which ihave asked for and instead send me the breach notice to demolish the area like galleries on front and back of my house as i have not taken permission from them. I have constructed this house with the gallery in 1984 and since then nobody have send any notice till date and after I submitted the RTI I got this reply. It seems like I have done wrong in putting the RTI to them. It would be better I should not have filled the RTI. Please suggest what can I do next as instead of helping me out and answering to my query in RTI they have put me in danger by serving notice to demolish the anauthorised structure.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
903 votes
You can file a writ petition in Delhi HIgh Court challenging the not giving information in RTI act and quashing and stay of said demolition notice. The kind of construction you mentioned is compoundable can be regularised.

Answer #2
666 votes
It is advised to reply the notice within the time mentioned in the notice. For the same approach a lawyer who can draft a suitable reply after going through the contents of the notice.
Further, approach the appropriate court of law to take a stay against the notice, if so, the notice mentions the date of demolition.

That filing an RTI is a right of every citizen of India. Every RTI has to be replied within 30 days from the date of its receipt, failing which you can appeal to the Appellate Authority i.e. CPIO. You can file an appeal to the concerned appellate authority for not receiving satisfactory reply.
Answer #3
564 votes
File First appeal againt the rti reply.... with proof..... then after file second appeal if need then file cic complaint against the authority...

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."