×

quesshare of younger brother in elder brother's property

Can a younger brother claim share in elder brother's property if property is bought by elder brother by his own and younger brother was not a minor at the time property was purchased?

If the property was purchased by the elder brother through his own funds the younger brother cannot claim any share.

Click here to find the best property lawyer in your city.

• ansNo he cannot claim share in the property if it is self acquired property.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi

• ansNo legally he cannot claim the property, because in self acquired Brother has no legal right. But he is not able to maintain himself. Then he will be entitle for share.

Advocate Akhil Verma

Delhi High Court, Delhi

• ansIf the property was purchased by the elder brother through his own funds the younger brother cannot claim any share

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi