quesshare of younger brother in elder brother's property

Can a younger brother claim share in elder brother's property if property is bought by elder brother by his own and younger brother was not a minor at the time property was purchased?

  • ans

    If the property was purchased by the elder brother through his own funds the younger brother cannot claim any share.


    Click here to find the best property lawyer in your city.

  • ansNo he cannot claim share in the property if it is self acquired property.

    Advocate Ashima Puri

      Saket District Court, Delhi

  • ansNo legally he cannot claim the property, because in self acquired Brother has no legal right. But he is not able to maintain himself. Then he will be entitle for share.

    Advocate Akhil Verma

      Delhi High Court, Delhi

  • ansIf the property was purchased by the elder brother through his own funds the younger brother cannot claim any share

    Advocate Rajat Joseph

      Nizamuddin East, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My parents had a mutual consent divorce and I live with my mother. My father…

My grandfather bought land from his brother and doesn't get sign from his brothers's son…
Sir/Madam The maintenance money paid monthly by apartment owners in a group of 1093 flats…

is there any provision that person taking rent from property automatic becomes owner after 12…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly