Land received from father want to divide the property among brothers

Hello. I am a Hindu. I got 3 brothers. We all together have 8 acres of land received from my father. It is in the same survey number but sub divided among us(for example if survey no is 20, it is subdivided among us as 20/1, 20/1a, 20/1aa etc) with no specific boundaries long back. The land is full of rock on either side leaving the best part in between. Now I want to seperate my share and when asked my brothers about partition, they are not interested in dividing the land into 4 parts instead they want to combine their 3 as one part and mine as other. If we divide the land as they said, I will surely not have a chance to get the middle bit and will end up on one of the sides where the land is full of rocks. They tricked this way and want to push me aside. Is this a right way of partitioning a land or should I suit a case if they don’t divide the land into 4 parts? Your suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Answers (1)

58 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

First you have to issue Legal Notice to your brothers to partition the said property if they not partition then you can file suit for partition against your brothers to partition the above said property in bounds and meters to get your share of Land.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles