Property is in my brother's name and can I claim share in the property

My husband has no asset at all. when he was minor his mother and elder brother bought some land in the name of elder brother taking loan they built a home. but 90% of the home expenses are met by my husband. his elder brother is a bachelor . whether my husband has any right to get the share that bought in the name of his brother?

Answers (2)

Your husband should not have funded to the property that never belonged to him anytime. They might have done in the joint family interest whereas if the things are going against him, he cannot legally claim any share in the property. However, if he has any records for the financial assistance for the development of the house property, he may file a partition suit seeking his share in the property or the amount he funded with interest.
Alternately, he may arrange for an amicable settlement with his mother and brother to avoid litigation, expenses for it and time, energy towards litigation.
Consult an advocate in the local and arrange for talks with his close relatives about this.

Get expert lawyers to verify property documents in less than 7 days with LawRato's property verification service package at affordable cost

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

The title of the property indicate the owner of the land.If the title in the deed and all other documents related to the property has reflected in the name of Brother then he is the absolute owner of the property. He can create / sell /transfer that property as per his wish.

Do you mean the day to day expenses of house meet by your husband ?
If do so, it never related to the property title.If brother will execute will or other doc. then you husband got share

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Hello my mom is 65+my elder brother staying in her house inspire of him having his own flat (given on rent) how can he be vacated from house he says h…

Read More

Hindu family, father mother both dead 2009, 10brother n sister (3 brother 7 sisters), I am the youngest amongst the brothers. My brothers are not givi…

Read More

My Religion is Hindu We are 6 brothers, our mother had the only property that is 60*80 land in our village, My 1st brother that is elder most brother …

Read More

Mere papa 2008 me expired ho gaye the mere papa ke 3 sons hai aur mere papa ke pass 2 makan the jisme se ek makan to sabse bade bhai ne apne naam kara…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue