For applying conveyance does a land owner need permission of tenants

26-Apr-2023 (In Landlord/Tenant Law)
I want to ask 2 questions:- 1) If the flat owners of a residential building are not allowing the land owner to apply for conveyance due to some reasons, what charges or laws can be applied on them? 2) If a Chawl & a residential building belong to the same land owner, and if the conveyance of the residential building is not processed till date, do the Chawl owners need to take permission from residents of the building to dig a trench through their premises or an N.O.C. from the land owner is sufficient for this purpose?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
686 votes
Your first question:
Answer: There are certain laws which are applicable such as under the IPC. The land owner can file an FIR against the flat owners. The land owner can also complain to the Registrar of Societies.

Your second question:
Answer: The chawl owners need to take permission from the society members first and foremost. Even if the conveyance is not made, there is something called a deemed conveyance. Therefore the chawl members need to take permission of the secretary and the chairman as well the land owner. Only if the society and land owner give an NOC the chawl can dig a trench.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Answer #2
669 votes
Your question needs more clarity. But what I understand, I would like to say that so far as land owner is concerned, he never required your permission. Second your reference in question about concence is in respect of what? Concence of flat or land. And by whom? Is it co iperative society or not. Answer is depending upon this questions.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."