Can court marriage happen without family permission

i am a girl 19yr old i love a boy he also love me too much we want to get marry but boy family is not ready to get us marry and they inforce to his son to marry where they want but he wants to marry with me since 2 yr we are trying to convince them but they are not ready to listion us even boy father threaten him that if you do love marriege so he will harm my family into false case from where we cant getrid and also kill me . What should we do?

Answers (3)

131 votes

As you both are adults and major in the eyes of law, you both can get legally married. In case the boy's family is not ready you both can elope and get married and then tell the family members of the boy. No one can get any criminal proceedings initiated against you both in case you both are adults and want to marry.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

336 votes

Yes if you both are mature, you can go for court marriage.
There is no such issues with the permission from your family. You can just do one thing, before doing anything please consult with your advocate so he or she can prepare the things as soon as possible and then you can do whatever you wish.
Don’t run away.
Just do all the formalities first then take the next step.
Adv Sachin K Dubey

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
132 votes

See in your situation its better the boy should take a stand.
I want to know how old is the boy..
U guys can do court marriage and get it registered.
But for that I want to know the whole story ..
Like what u do what he is doing what about family
Where do u live. Etc

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."