Parents harassing me and not letting me marry the boy I love

03-May-2023 (In Family Law)
I am a 25 year old girl, I am in a love with a guy. We both told our wish to marry each other to our respective parents. His parents have agreed. But my parents are not agreeing since its "intercaste" .My parents have kept me inside home, not letting me do job, have taken my phone n laptop and every communication device. I am just not let to step out of my home from past a year. Sometimes my parents have done physical harassment also. This is all happening from past 1 year. Soo what I have decided is to somehow escape from home and directly go to police station and report this to police and then call my boyfriend nd marry, because I fear if we get married first and then go to police station, my dad might put false cases like I am kidnapped or something on my boyfriend. So I have thought to go to police report watever as happened and then marry. Is this a right way?? Please help me. I just want to make sure my dad doesn't do any harm legally by using his Influence
Answers (2)

Answer #1
713 votes
Dear client
In your quire you feel in trouble to marry with your boyfriend. Ok do one thing you should not go to police station it's too hard to get marrying with each other you need to go your nearby template and performing marriage,if your father file complaint it's no waight in law.if both mattured

Answer #2
606 votes
Wrongful confinement and wrongful restraint which are punishable under Section 340-345 of the Indian Penal Code Make a police complaint citing the same by yourself or any of your friend/ boyfriend.

1-You/ boyfriend Can file complaint in local police that you both want to marry and your parents are illegally detained you . Police will do the rest.

2- Your boyfriend can file a Writ Petition Habeas Corpus in High Court.

a writ which is filed for releasing the a person who has been wrongfully detained.
A case can be made out that your right to life and liberty guaranteed under Article 21 of the Constitution has been violated and hence you should be released. A writ petition can filed praying for the writ of habeas corpus against your detention. If there was an attempt to make a police complaint but the police did not record this or continue with the investigation, the petition can also ask for mandamus, i.e. requiring the authority to do what they are duty bound to do,

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."