Can police arrest couples who are staying in hotels with valid ID's

If a couple who are consenting adults are staying in a hotel with their valid IDs provided to the hotel management are committing any sought of crime.. Does the police has the right to arrest or file a case against such couples . What to do if police is harassing the couple under such circumstances

As per the law anyone above age of 18 and "consent" has full rights to stay, live, etc, if the Hotel Check in requires the documents of ID separate for both people and the same are submitted then Hotel cannot allow any Police or authority to barge in your room and charge with "indecent behavior in public" which is not at all relatable as the term consenting adults is in the picture. Action before Higher Authority like DG Police can be taken up and if any action like FIR or charge-sheet has been done by Police then same be immediately challenged before High Court for quashing under Section 482 Cr. PC.

Police cannot harass the couple and if it so then, the lady can call on the women help line number and lodge a complaint against the police man for harassment.

And in some cases police definitely can lodge an FIR if a lady along with you is married and her husband gets to know about it, he can file a complaint against you and get his wife MLC done there and then. MLC refers to the medical check up.

No Police cannot arrest in this case , but Police can arrest you on any apprehension. You both should be major in age and shall produce identity card when asked . There is no provisions to arrest . Staying in hotel is not illegal .

No, absolutely not. The problem is we are not aware of our rights. So the answer of your question would be no. Police can't arrest any couple who is voluntarily staying together in a hotel, if they both are older than 18 years of age.

There is so many fault iregarding this type of cases.In our constitution,if a boy Completed his 21 and a girl 18.Then they are free will to have physical relation but when a couples staying in some hotel then police arreste in ground that there are going illegal work.In this situation only a citizens ca harass.If you have strength and power then you can file a case againt the police in a court 156(3) crpc
but no one do this.This is real fact.