Transfer of divorce case to another taluk court by order of PDJ

Matrimonial case filed by husband in family court against wide for divorce ,wife residing in another taluk can she file for transfer in principal district and session court to transfer the case to her taluk where the principal civil judge court is there ,my doubt is as family court is of district judge cadre can the case on the file of family court be ordered to be transferred by pdj court under sec 24 of cpc

Answers (3)

282 votes

You have to petition before high court under section 24 of the code of civil procedure code. Only high court have power to issue order of transfer of petition from one district to another district. Therefore you have to approach high court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

111 votes

No in this case the case for transfer can be transferred by the high court if the family court and PCJ court are situated in same state, if the two courts are situated in two different states then case has to be filed in supreme court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
213 votes


She can seek for transfer but only before the High Court. District Judges do not have any power to transfer the case.

The person who intended to transfer, move the necessary petition before the high court and seek permission . The High Court only having the power to transfer.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles