×

quesCan wife file transfer petition in Supreme Court

my wife has filed a transfer petition in the SC. the case is still pending in the District court on the charges of S/498A IPC. Can the transfer of petition be allowed by the SC?

• ansyou will have to put in appearance before the Supreme Court and argue the matter. It won't get transferred without hearing you, if you can make a good ground that it should not get transferred then excellent, and the petition will get dismissed.

Advocate Imran Ibrahim

Sarojini Naidu Marg, Allahabad

• ansyes she can file transfer petition under section 406 of Cr. P.C. for transfer of case from one HC to another HC or from one district court of one state to district court of another state, it is legally maintainable. so far as the question of allowing the petition it depend on many factors depending upon the facts of the case .

Advocate Sanjay Kumar Tyagi

Vaishali, Ghaziabad

• ansYes she can file the transfer application. The Supreme court has power to order transfer of any case. However the Supreme court may look in to relative difficulty of both the parties before giving any order.

Advocate Rajat Bindal

District Court, Bareilly, Bareilly

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services