Legal procedure to transfer case to a court in another state

I am from panipat haryana my wife moved back to parents house in Muzzaffnagar Up when i filed divorce case in panipat after that she had gone back their n filed crpc 125 n DV CASE in Muzzafarnagar. So there is any law to transfer case from Muzzafarnagar to other state or delhi for my safety purpose as dey have threaten me so many times so plz help me out with process n good supreme court lawyer

Answers (2)

179 votes

You have to file transfer petition before Hon'ble Supreme Court of India under Section 25 of CPC if the case pertains to civil, divorce and child custody. If the matter pertains application under section 125 Cr.P.C/ Domestic violence Act, then file transfer petition under section 406 Cr.P.C.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

274 votes

In matrimonial cases, a wife can file a case at the place of her residence. The jurisdiction lies there. An application can be moved in court for transfer of case however, chances of transfer are very less or negligible.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles