Can divorce be filed within 2 months of court marriage

My daughter got married in court 2 months back . She stays with me as her husband has not informed his place, but within 3 days he started fighting with my daughter and today he fought n strangaled her. Now I cannot allow my daughter to go to his place as I can’t have faith he will not abuse my daughter. Plz help I want my daughter to divorce him.

Answers (4)

165 votes

In this case you can proceed to file divorce with leave of the court because it is within one year of marriage

Court will examine the urgency and grant divorce or any other relief considering facts of the case

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

198 votes

1) You can file divorce by mutual consent, after living separately for more than 6 months or court may ask you for wait cooling period for 6 months to 18 months.
After 6 months to 18 months you or your husband may withdraw the application of divorce.

2) Than courts appoint counselor for further steps.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
190 votes

Don't Worry, First upon all, send him a legal Notice on behalf of your daughter stating that , she has been deceived by husband.
Thereafter , file a formal complaint before police commissioner stating all the facts , so that it will help in future.
Wait till response to the legal notice and depending upon the response , you can proceed for legal separation.

295 votes

Family court does not entertain petitions for divorce in case of marriages which are less than one year. You will have to wait for another 10 months. Meanwhile you can file an application under domestic violence against your son in law.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles