How to get divorced after 1 month of marriage

My Friend got married on 4th Feb 2018 , Is it possible her to get the Divorce on Early Basis.

Answers (3)

232 votes

Your friend can file a petition for annulment of marriage if marriage has not been consummated.

Otherwise Under Hindu Marriage Act, divorce can be sought from the Family Court under Section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act after the expiry of ONE YEAR from the date of the marriage. But there is provision under Section 14 of the Act which empowers the Court to waive off this one year period under exceptional circumstances. The petitioner has to give some cogent reasons for waiving off this period.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

177 votes

Yes it is possible to get divorced on early basis . You can file a suit for divorce under section 13 (1) of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955. Tell her not to waste much time as it will be difficult to take divorce after some limited time.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
128 votes

your friend get easily divorce by mutual consent under the Hindu Marriage act 1955. but now you have no any option get divorce expect by mutual consent your friend wait for the minimum one year from date of marriage

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My divorce was a fraud by my husband and a friend who later got married to each other…

Read More

Sir. Divorce according to muslim law but not in wtitten. Now she write two f.i.r. one is 376d.504.506.342. August2015. on her divorced…

Read More

Hi, In the last two years of life, I realized that I cannot manage both house work, job and baby over full night. Wife is always abusing, playing mobi…

Read More

Hello sir/madam, I and girl did court marriage without my parents permission and presence but girl's parents organised court marriage. Later after…

Read More