Reg: IPC 468 & 34 case registered for forgery of the witnesses

10-Oct-2023 (In Criminal Law)
One person had forgered the signatures of witnesses in document and such document had registered in 2007 in Andhra pradesh. But this fraud had come to our notice very recently. After that also we filed RTI to registrar office for knowing the actual facts of this registered document. But we have n't gotten clear info from them. Then we filed the complaint before police authorities on last sunday and they registered our complaint and filed FIR under 468 IPC & 34 of IPC. So as per IPC 468 is cognizable offence and it's non bailable section also. So please clarify for the below questions on priority? 1) What happen after FIR registered under 468 IPC? 2) What police do after FIR registered? When they file the charge sheet? 3) Will the police arrest the accused? After filed FIR, is it mandatory to inform Court? 4) If case moved to court by police after charge sheet, what i have to do after? 5) Suppose in investigation process only by police, is it possible to compromise b/w parties
Answers (1)

Answer #1
761 votes
1) Since the police have registered the FIR under 468IPC, the accused will be arrested and presented before the magistrate. Courts will grant bail to accused subject to bail conditions.

2) Police will file the charge sheet soon after completion of investigation(recording of your statement, obtaining records from sub-registrar, details of forgery etc) and this will take anywhere between 60 to 120 days.

3) All FIR will be mandatorily presented to court.

4) Once the police file the charge sheet, the complainant will become a witness as the case will be between state of telangana/andhra pradesh vs accused.
5) The complainant can also hire his own advocate (by making application to court) who will assist the prosecution in conduct of case.
6) The offence of 468 IPC is non compoundable. Parties cannot compromise once the FIR is filed.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."