someone sending the legal notice i have not accepted what will happpen

In Civil Law
some body sending the legal notice i have not accepted what will happpen?

Answers (5)

61 votes
You need to accept any communication addressed to you. If it is a legal notice sent especially by an advocate it will have its own meaning. If a legal notice is rejected by you, in legal terms it means you have received it. Damages could be done with this presumption. Therefore, rejecting a legal notice is not a wise step. Receive it and reply it appropriately.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


138 votes
I always recommend my clients to take all notices served on them personally, if they are in and around at time of service.
Per Law : refusal to accept notice is good service. that means you can expect next step /stage of litigation.
contact your lawyer immediately, sign Vakil patra and ask him to be observer, if needed he/she may file Vakilpatra at appropriate situation.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience

163 votes
If a legal notice is sent and if you refuse to accept the same there will be an endorsement to that effect on the postal cover which would deem to be served upon you. Incase of door lock, addressee left, it cannot be deemed to have been served.

137 votes
It depends on the Endorsement the Postman has made on the postal cover. If he has endorsed as 'Refused' or 'not claimed' the service of notice will be deemed sufficient and further action as contemplated under law will follow

90 votes
Please accept it and take assistance of a lawyer. Not accepting it would amount to "refusal" and if the person sending it takes it to Court, it is likely that an Order may be passed against you. I recommend receiving it and then deciding how to reply to it with the assistance of a lawyer.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."