Legal procedure to transfer property to other members of family.

i have 2 brother and 3 sister both are legal heir. Our 3 sister give me a her share through gift deed i.e. 60% of share . Balance share of my elder brother hold 20% share. So what i do. Please suggest which is better, Gift Deed or Partition Deed.

Answers (3)

277 votes

In my opinion you can transfer the property by way of registered gift deed otherwise you can transfer the property by way of family settlement deed.
And in my opinion without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

162 votes

It should be the better you can do partition deed and give the details resitle and specified the portion under the possession and also annxed the plan/ demarcation of the land and property and it should be registered before the Register

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
222 votes

it is not clear from the information to provide you a better advice. if you want to separate the property from your brother who hold 20% of share, then partition would be suitable. but if you want to transfer the share to someone then gift deed is suitable.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles