Clarification of procedure to file cheque bounce case

Sir , I send demand notice on 17 th January personally,but the respondant reply me on 17 February with lawyer help. He denied the Averments ,what should I do now can I file a case ,or give reply to him .,

Answers (3)

Hi ,
Within one month from the receipt of reply from the respondent , you to file PCR (private complaint ) for cheque bounce under sec 138 of NI Act .................... ...........

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes you can file case against him. You need not give reply to reply notice. The cheque bounce case must file within a month after receipt demand notice, otherwise delay occurred. You can contact me for further information.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

To help you with this. need clarification on the Following
1. When was the cheque presented to the bank
2. Date of dishonour
3. Date of demand notice
4. Reply to your notice

However, the procedure to file a case under Sec.138 of Negotiable Instruments Act,1881 is as follows
the cheque has to be presented within 3 months from the date of the issue of cheque. If teh cheque gets dishonour the legal notice has to be sent within 15 days from the date of dishonour and the payment or reply to the notice has to be sent within 30 days from the receipt of the notice. On failure to do so, you may initiate proceedings under Sec 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act after the completion of 30 days period.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

One person borrowed money from me and given two cheques. I have requeted him several times for return my money,but he was not responded.He borrowed mo…

Read More

i have 2 cheques cheque1 is 1 lakh rupees(date of cheque july 29) and cheque2 (date of cheque Aug 12) is 61000 rupees ,if the cheque is bounced what i…

Read More

me self accused for cheque bounce case .my case is on stage of defence evidence. the complenet has no bank entry income tax return proofe money lendin…

Read More

will i get my mey of 3clac back from dat person legally i have done everything i jst need to complain a case legal notice period is been given will he…

Read More