×

quesBrother demolishing the common wall in between to renovate his half

We are two brothers livin in adjacent houses with a common wall in between and a wooden and burnt clay plates roof. However last year my brother having decided to build a new house has cut the roof in half and built his new house. We still live in ths old house with the old common wall. He also claims that he has right to half of the common wall. Can you pls clarify if his claim is legal?

• ansSir,
    Without document it is difficult to answer question.

In your case you have not stated, how you got possession over the property. Further you have not clear in explaining that is there is any family partition.

As you informed, you are in possession in the certain portion of the property. Now your brother is claiming over the right over the common wall. while claiming the common wall, if it injuries the your right over the property you can approach the Civil Court by filing the suit and restrain him from taking possession.

Advocate M Lakshmikanth Arya

Sheshadripuram, Bangalore

• ansPlease bring your property documents and we can understand basis the sketch of your house and the property.

If needed we should go for a Injunction in this case and stopping your brother from demolishing the wall.

Advocate Varun Papireddy

Gandhinagar, Bangalore

• ansYour Question :

My reply :
    find a lawyer and get an injunction order. i charge 35000/- . find some one cheaper if You can.

Advocate S.K Prabhakar Shetty

Vidhana Soudha, Bangalore