quesExclusive Rights of Flat owner on Common balcony

I purchased a flat having 1200 sq.ft out of which 214 sqft. mentioned as common area including passage, balcony etc. My floor having 3 flats on which I am occupying flat having higher sq.ft. The floor is on 'L' Shape, on which I occupied corner flat ie single other two are on row. In front of my door common balcony(ie botton stretch of 'L') . Whether I can use the same for my exclusive right? If yes how much portion. Whether I Can put any grill for that portion in order to avoid people using area in front of my main door(even though it is common.).It is not a common passage.

  • ansthe definition of "Common" means available for all to use, the word exclusive takes away that right of others (in your case two other on same floor) to the access of this portion, but as you mentioned that you're flat is towards the end of the floor, L shaped, and that the area available opposite to your entrance, you wish to put up some iron grill or aluminium shutter to have some privacy.
    Just as long as the grill or structure put up by you is temporary, there is no problem, but a WALL becomes permanent and this can be objected to by the remaining two flat owners, including the builder.

    Advocate Kiran N Murthy

      Indiranagar, Bangalore

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am buying a plot from the local builder wanted to know what are the…

I am Hindu. I am member of cooperative housing society and own a flat. Pl.…
I have bought a property  in my name and taken a home loan on that.…
I have a property in which five families lived ,everyone have own rooms, but entrance…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly