quesDIVORCE AND CHILD CUSTODY ON MENTAL PROBLEM AND CRUELTY OF MY WIFE

MY WIFE IS CRUEL AND SHE HAS MENTAL PROBLEM. I HAVE FEW PRESCRIPTIONS OF DOCTORS. I NEED DIVORCE AND CUSTODY OF MY 12 YEARS OLD GIRL-CHILD ON THIS GROUND.MY WIFE IS A HOUSEWIFE. I HAVE MY OLD MOTHER ONLY. CAN I GET DIVORCE AND CUSTODY OF MY CHILD?

• ansNormally the custody of the girl child will go to the mother but if you can prove conclusively to the court that the mother is incapable of looking after the  well being of the child, then you have a decent chance at custody.

• ansYes u canget divorce as well as custudy if the child wish to remain with you

Advocate M S Hussain

District Court, Saket, Delhi

• ansYes you can get a divorce on the ground of cruelty but you need to prove them on court that your wife is suffering from mental disorder,if you prove you can get the divorce and custody of the child,it all depends on the advocate who pleads on your behalf ,the allegations must be drafted very seriously to prove each of them in court.

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi

• ansNormally the custody of the girl child will go to the mother but if you can prove conclusively to the court that the mother is incapable of looking after the well being of the child, then you have a decent chance at custody.

Supreme Court of India, Delhi