How to prove a mental disorder in court

Hi sir/mam, I am married as per hindu rituals now want divorce. My husband is not mentally fit, he is having the mental problem called OCD( obsessive compulsive disorder) But the only problem is how can "i prove this point about his OCD problem." Please help.

Answers (3)

54 votes

What is.ur date of marriage?is ur husband is unable to perform matrimonial duties?and do u have medical record of ur husband which shows that ur husband is mentally ill, if yes then u can file divorce petition

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

144 votes

You can file divorce petition on the ground that your husband is suffering from the mental disorder as stated by you. You can prove the same by court order for an independent medical test for the aforesaid disorder.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
290 votes


You can get divorce if your husband is mentally unsound. There are many ways which one can adopt to prove the metal status of the person. For that we contact reputed doctors of the concerned field get the test done to prove it's illness

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles