Divorce on grounds of physically unfit and mental illness

I found my husband is physically unfit on very first day of marriage(Nov 2017). And after consulting doctor, I found that he is also a patient of psychiatry(bipolar disorder) since 12 years. But my in-laws forced me, 3 months of marriage, to compromise and sacrifice my life .We both belong to Hindu religion,  but it was an arranged marriage by matrimonial site. Now I want separation of my future sake as I consulted many doctors and found that there is no cure of his problems. Also he is unable to support me in any way.

Answers (2)

You can get divorce from your partner on the ground mentioned by you. The Hindu Marriage Act provides various ways on how to get separated from the spouse before the time period of divorce. You can get back to me if you want separation from your partner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If he is impotent or incapable of performing consumation of marriage, then it will be a good ground for seeking divorce. Plus you may also seek divorce on the ground of fraud and misrepresentation regarding the fact that your husband's physical incapabilities were hidden from you. Keep the copy of the reports of the doctors for making the divorce petition.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Related Articles

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

My husband did'nt allow me to enter a matrimonial house and I am away from him from one year. Does this mean it's desertion and divorce solid …

Read More

I had initiated a case of divorce after sufficient proof. However to severe family pressure withdrew on the first day of hearing (Feb 2012). We are bo…

Read More

I got an ex partee decree in 2014, which is sat aside in 2018 on ground (chhal kapat se li gai h) and court gave sympathy to her chance to listening.…

Read More

I got married 7 months before. He written on bio data that he is a bcom graduate and they showed their property two shops l. After marriage I found hi…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue