Legal remedy against non payment of salary

How to get my salary from the employer who is refusing to pay

Answers (5)

243 votes

You need to elaborate your question. Was it part time or full time? Was it contractual? What was your position in the organization? Was there any agreement between you and the employer? Was there any notice period? You can first of all send a legal notice to the organization for release of your payment. If still he refuses to pay you can also file recovery suit against the employer. But things depend upon actual facts and circumstances of the case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

282 votes

Your question does not give relevant details required for giving an opinion. What are the reasons for withholding your salary? Is it that its your salary that is not being paid or are all the employees not been paid salary or some are not being paid salary. What is the work that you do and the amount of salary that you draw?

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
83 votes

Please state full facts of your query as the legal action depends on many other factors. Legal options are always available for your problem. Your problem needs a detailed discussion to give a concrete opinion .

293 votes

We can send a legal demand notice
After that If they would ready to pay then ok
Otherwise we will file a case against them for recovery of salary amount
They would also liable to pay all litigation charge you

312 votes

If the appointment or salary letter is in Writtent Form then,We can send a legal demand notice After that If they would ready to pay then ok then approaching police for a cheating case, where there is enough evidence for such fraud, and your lawyer should assist you in this. A majority of such complaints are not accepted due to weak drafting and lack of prima facie evidence. After that go to the Labour Courts if they find true then, we will file a case against them for recovery of salary amount.They would also liable to pay all litigation charges of your case,.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles