×

quesWhat is the procedure to change DOB in SSC marksheet

Correction of Date of Birth in SSC marksheet as per date of birth certificate. Kindly let me know time 

• ansYou can go to the respective board office. There is a procedure predefined for making corrections in the SSC certificate. 

• ansThe date of birth mentioned in your birth certificate is considered as correct and deemed to be correct and has a presumption of truth attached to it. You can approach the SSC Board authorities with an application to correct the date of birth on the said certificate. Attach with the application a duly attested affidavit in support of the contents of the application. Also attach a certified copy of your birth certificate .

The correction ought to be made by the said authorities. If the said authorities decline your application then you can file a civil suit against the said board and pray for passing of an order directing the said authorities to make the said correction and issue the corrected certificate to you. This will not consume much time and a duty will be casted on the board to correct and deliver the corrected certificate to you within the stipulated time period or face proceedings of contempt of court. The said suit is a simple one and you need not hire a senior lawyer for the same. Even a fresher lawyer can represent you and get you relief and his charges ought to be within your reach . You can also file and handle the case on your own if you have confidence in yourself and are not court shy. Matter in issue is a matter of fact and record and it can be handled by you personally and the court will also guide you through once the suit has been filed.

Advocate Sankalp Jain

Vasant Vihar, Delhi