Procedure to file for contested divorce

Dear sir /madam. Please tell me that how any body can get divorce from his wife while she is not agree to give?

Answers (3)

190 votes

Dear Client,
You need to file a divorce petition in the Family Court of the concerned district Court under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act. Section 13 enumerates various grounds both for husband & wife to file divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

99 votes

There is procedure under law as also grounds for taking divorce. If one party is not agreed for divorce, a case has to be instituted for getting the same. Contact a good lawyer, apprise him about all the facts and documents . He will help u

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
159 votes

As the query has been asked by you, before giving you the response I have need some more clarity in your query, if you belong to Hindu religion then simply can file divorce petition under section 13 of Hindu marriage Act before family court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles