Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legal procedure for contested divorce

I want to divore my wife but wife didnt give me a divorce than wat should i do

Answers (4)

You have to approach the court. But in anyway you cannot force someone to divorce you. It is her wish to divorce you or not yo divorce you. Better renounce the company of your wife or convince her that you cannot continue with her. Initially, you may have to face pokice action against your behaviour but as the time passes she will get convinced to divorce you. I cannot assure you the time. It may take months or years. This is the fact. Nobody can help you unless your wife gets ready.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

hello !!
there are two ways to take divorce first is divorce by mutual consent under section 13 (B)(1), under Hindu marriage act.

second divorce by cruelty in which you have to give reason and explanation in a detail manner to the court

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Please confirm the ground/s on which you are seeking divorce.
You can file a petition for divorce on grounds mentioned under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act, if covered by it. The petition can be filed in any family court within the jurisdiction of which marriage was solemnized or both the parties last resided together or you are residing.

Such a divorce is called a contested divorce. You can file a petition in the family court. The requirements differ in different States. However, you need to clearly state the basis for the divorce in your petition. The petition requires only your signature, not your wife's.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Since last 2 yrs I have been contesting for divorce but still it's pending. Recently I have been transferred to other state. Also I have 1yrs old daug…

Read More

My wife and me came to an understanding and we gave all what they asked and they put case in court of Vijayawada and her lawyer asked to contest or at…

Read More

My wife left my home by saying that she will file case against my family. My questions is that if she comes back to my home and hurt herself intention…

Read More

Divorce for Hindu couple. Husband wants to get divorced as he doesnt get along with wife (No compatibility). Wife always preferred to stay away from h…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue