×

Legal procedure for contested divorce

I want to divore my wife but wife didnt give me a divorce than wat should i do

You have to approach the court. But in anyway you cannot force someone to divorce you. It is her wish to divorce you or not yo divorce you. Better renounce the company of your wife or convince her that you cannot continue with her. Initially, you may have to face pokice action against your behaviour but as the time passes she will get convinced to divorce you. I cannot assure you the time. It may take months or years. This is the fact. Nobody can help you unless your wife gets ready.

hello !!
there are two ways to take divorce first is divorce by mutual consent under section 13 (B)(1), under Hindu marriage act.

second divorce by cruelty in which you have to give reason and explanation in a detail manner to the court

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Please confirm the ground/s on which you are seeking divorce.
You can file a petition for divorce on grounds mentioned under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act, if covered by it. The petition can be filed in any family court within the jurisdiction of which marriage was solemnized or both the parties last resided together or you are residing.

Such a divorce is called a contested divorce. You can file a petition in the family court. The requirements differ in different States. However, you need to clearly state the basis for the divorce in your petition. The petition requires only your signature, not your wife's.