How to fast track a contested divorce case

Hello, this is in regards to my divorce petition filed in 2013. The other party has filed a RCR. After several unsuccessful mediation sessions he is not ready for mutual consent. He is made it very clear that he will never let me get my divorce even when i have stated several times that I do not wish to be with him. Please help me on this. He is dragging the case such that i will never be able to move on in life. I have no inclination to be with him. It is almost 5 years since i have no contact with him(Email,phone, Message).

Answers (2)

69 votes

Take stern step uuse 498 a domestic voilence case against him make false allegation and file 125 maintenance case so make him to bend down harass him and he will give way to divorce so not think punish him

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

326 votes

Please approach high court seeking direction to family court to dispose off the case at earliest. Also you can file application under Section 21b of Hindu marriage act seeking for speedy disposal of case. Since you are a woman the divorce proceedings.Will be in your favour.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles

Related Articles