How to defend counter evidence in divorce case

I am petitioner in dvc case and my husband filed his counter in these counter he stated that he didnt took any dowry.but here I can prove these by my marriage videos in which every thing is recorded. So my question is these video validate in court to prove and can I take my ornaments before evidence stage comes by showing these video stating that he don't want to return it that's y he stated wrong in counter 2. One more question is In dvc case only main accused are coming for trials and the other(3 members) are not appearing and no calls for I came to know that while investigation by officer (court appoined)these 3 members name is question is how can I challenge these and can I request magistrate to provide me enquiry report on what bases names were deleted or is it confidential (report). Reply me in detail.(Thanks)

Answers (3)

100 votes

1. Generally no person will admit that he received dowry and if it is admitted he will be immediately prosecuted. It is not material to prove the payment of dowry. 2) in DVc the opposite party cannot be termed as accused. And they need not be compelled to attend before the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

228 votes

Yes in dowry / dvc proceedings, video recordings are allowed as evidence.
You can also file a petition for reclaiming the jewellery which are in possession of your husband.
You can file a review petition (before the same court) or an appeal petition(at district court) challenging the discharge of persons when you have valid grounds to implead the exempted persons in DVC case. But review should be filed within 30 days of order and appeal within 90 days. An appeal can be filed with condonation of delay if the appeal time has lapsed.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
333 votes

Firstly you can take photos from the videos to prove what all jewelry you had and their is not yet option as of now in court in DVC cases to check videos in the court hall. If the names have been deleted you have to check is it at the time of taking your complaint or after filing of the DVC they have went to high court and got the names deleted. You can get the copy from the court with that effect. call us through the website for further assistance.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles