quesHow many appearances required in court to get mutual divorce?

How many times will I have to visit the court during a mutual consent divorce. I want to avoid the councelling if that is possible.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      You have to visit the court on two occasions i.e First Motion and Second Motion.

      You can simply mention in joint petition that efforts of reconciliation was made by family and friends , however same failed and hence due to temperamental issues you intend to dissolve your marriage

    • ansyou would have to go to the court only twice (minimum) in six months. If the judge refers you to mediation you can refuse. If at all you are referred to mediation, you can tell the counselor that you both don't want to reconcile.

      Advocate Shikha Pandey

        Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

    • ansSir/Madam, in Delhi the parties are able to obtain a decree of divorce through a mutual consent petition after 2 visits normally. The parties also do not go through counselling except where the court feels there is a real possibility of reconciliation

      Advocate Rajat Joseph

        Nizamuddin East, Delhi

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I had filed my petition under Sec 9 of HMA nealrly 4 yrs ago. The…
    This is 2nd marriage of my wife and she had son from previous marriage ,…
    Sir, m Hindu by religion and m married in Feb 2017, my wife has huge…
    My husband is a Muslim and I am a Christian. We got married under Special…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly