Can wife claim share in property if gifted to father

Should i execute gift deed or sale deed in favour of my father so that my wife cant take share in my property ?? Guide me what should i do and what precautions are needed to be taken while executed the sale deed or gift deed?

Answers (4)

54 votes

Dear Client,
As per the query raised by you it is apparently not cleared that as to how you have acquired the said property.
Is the property in the matter is a property which you have buyed from your own or had the property been transferred to you by your father?

Is there any dispute which is standing between you and your wife.

If you need any further advise in the matter do feel free to contact.

Tushar Bahadur,
High Court Lucknow.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

231 votes

Your wife only have right on ur property whatever u have , she can not claim on ur fathers property.
But important thing is if u have boy child in that manner grand son can claim on his grand father property.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
159 votes

No your wife can not claim legal share on the property that has been gifted to you. However, if it is her matrimonial house (where she lived after marriage) she can sought for residence right . Your father can gift property through a gift deed. If the property is his self-acquired, then no one else can claim on the same.
Kindly contact a local lawyer for more
Best regards

56 votes

please be informed that wife has no right to get the share from the husbands own earned property, as per the supreme court order hence don't get afraid if she is no longer with you she has only right to ask the maintenance for herself and the kids as well, so don't take hasty decision to sell off or to gift your property.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles