Can daughter challenge deceased father's will for share of property

i was born in 1959.My father died in 1988.My mother died in 2014.We are 06 siblings (03 brothers and 03 daughters).My father had made a will that my daughters are financially well (which was not true) hence property distributed among 03 brothers only.i want to know whether can i file a suit against my brothers for my share alone without my other 02 sisters?I am Hindu.

Answers (2)

Yes you can challenge it. But before that some aspect has to be seen that is whether property was self acquired property of your father and if so then your father has absolute right to execute will under section 30 of Hindu succession act. But if you can show that father was not willing to execute such will but your brothers have create pressure upon them and obtained it by taking disadvantage of fact then you can challenge it within three years from your knowledge. If it is found that father was not in position to understand effect of deed or was pressurized by some one or was not in sound mind position then court can cancelled the will. You can file civil suit for necessary relief.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello Madam, you can file to contest the validity of your fathers will. What is the current stage of the property ? Is probate already obtained on the will ? Is the will registered ? Depends on the current scenario an advice can be given

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

What is the relationship or difference between a trustee and a beneficiary?…

Read More

Hi Last Year i have lost my grandma my uncle executed will with the help of lawer and we were not involved in any discussion or will execution upon he…

Read More

Can we have two separate wills for moveable and immoveable property!? …

Read More

I own two properties in Delhi, which are occupied by my two sons. Each property is under mine, my wife's and the respective son's name. I wish to revo…

Read More