Husband and MIL skipping court hearing in case of domestic violence

Husband and MIL under bail for 498a and 307. Now dv has been filed against them but they are not appearing in d court whereas i have been attending all the dates without fault. My question is how long can they skip from attending the trial?? will warrant be issued against them if they continue to skip?? Pls guide me

Answers (2)

170 votes

Did your husband and mother in law receive summons from court? If yes then you may pray before the court to cancel their bail and to initially issue bailable warrant of arrest against them. They cannot avoid the process of the court under the cover of bail :)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

219 votes

Domestic Violence cases are quasi criminal. Meaning it is civil of nature. Parties may not appear in the court. If you have obtained an interim protection order and they have violated that then other separate case has to be lodged under 31 of the act. This separate case will be criminal in nature. The punishment is one year. Moreover attendance of parties is not much of importance the outcome of the case is. If due to their non appearance the case is pending then you can ask the court to issue warrants against them.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles