Legal procedure to quash petition u/s 498A of IPC

I have filed was love marriage.I didn't have proof of marriage.then I filed dv.dv court declared that I am legally wedded wife.but my husband has submitted in affidavit that he never married to me.he dont even know me.he has made many serious allegations on me. his parents filled affidavit in court in which they have called me his "keep". after everything I came to know that he has cheated me in the name of marriage.I want court take back it's order that I am his legally wedded wife as he got shelter of all the crimes he committed towards me in the name of marriage. I want to dismiss 498a and file 376. given all the proofs to police and PP but they didnt even care to check evideces. how can I approach court for quashing 498a

Answers (3)

67 votes

If you have declared legally wedded wife by court upon your submission to court in D.V. Case.Then now you can't come back and say as keep.
If you want to prosecute him you can file independent complaint of Rape to Police.
Then Police can take action under offence of Rape. But it is now delayed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

123 votes

Dear madam, no need to quash the 498a case registered against your husband. The statement given by your husband which states that he did not lawfully married to you is very important to prosecute him. For more details about how to lodge FIR, you can contact us

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
273 votes

First u approach ur dv case. In dv case u file affidavit n prove ur marriage. Then u can't u turn and say u aren't married. It's difficult to prove 376 . Court can action against u to file false affidavit n say. So carefully study ur dv case then take next step

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles